10/05/2013

29/04/2013 - 05/05/2013 - My week in training

All in all, I would like to think that I could put this week in the "win" column for 2013
Sure, my running hasn't been tip top for the last few weeks, but I have been making some real progress on the bike and the swim which hopefully shows through in the try a tri results which were released earlier this week.

The try a tri turned out to be exactly what I hoped it would be, a good starting point to my triathlon season to which I could measure the rest of the season again. The event was fun filled and very relaxed and I think starting at a larger event, such as bristol or blenheim, would have been a massive mistake.

It was a good opportunity to practice transitioning as well, something that I haven't really had cause to do before, but I am reliably informed that a sprint race can be won or lost with a transition so it is something I will need to work on throughout the season.

Mark Whittle, during a transitioning training session, said that it took him 8 years to be able to take his feet out of his shoes, jump off the bike whilst still moving and be back out running in less than 30 seconds, so I have some time to practice I figure!

I am missing going to the gym however, but completely objectively I don't think that I would really have the time to do it at the moment even if I still had a membership. Perhaps once university has finished in June I will go back but until then I really can't justify the additional time away from studying. Still....it would be nice!